Sunday, May 20, 2012

klutz


When I moved home I moved an apartment FULL of my stuff home as well…
With my parents gone enjoying sunshine in Hawaii for the week I decided to take full advantage of it, and tear the house apart looking for said items. 
The house now looks like a massive tornado has blown through it,
And I one of its victims.
I must admit I am a massive klutz… anyone that has known me for more than five minutes can attest to this.
In the past two days I have cut my hand twice in the most inconvenient of places, jammed my ribs into the banister on my stairs, burnt my finger on my toaster, (nothing to do with moving… but yet another affirmation that I am indeed a klutz,) and injured my back.
This has led me to realize one thing; I need a boyfriend.

Can I afford to pay for a back massage to fix my back? No.
But if I had a boyfriend he would feel obligated to help make me feel better… right?
My parents being in Hawaii means one other thing, I am in charge of my grandmother who has to take a ton of medication and has dementia, which I am sure you can imagine is not a good combination.  This morning I woke up to a phone call at 7:30 from her, explaining to me that she had forgotten to turn the hose off the night before and had flooded the basement.

Needless to say four hours of shopvac’ing her basement I now have eight calluses and a bruised foot to add to my list of injuries.

So word of advice when you are moving hire someone if you happen to be anywhere near as big of a klutz as I am…
and ladies get yourself a man/woman to give you free massages.

9 comments:

  1. Poor Kirstin, I hope you feel better now. Both my husband and I have never had a moving experience. My husband plans to sell our old house and buy a new house with a bigger kitchen next April. Before moving to a new house, I am sure there would be a lot of work to do. I wish that before moving to the new house, my normal life won’t be negatively affected. I will definitely take your advice that hiring someone for the moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have moved so many times in my life that I have it down to a science now. Still, it is no fun and hard on the body. Sorry about your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I highly suggest it. Or you can always have your husband help you as well. I am extremely stubborn and don't ask for help so I have been moving everything from the basement upstairs. The list includes a bookshelf, mattress and TV stand, all of which I have moved up a flight of stairs on my own. So whatever you decide to do, don't be stubborn and get help when help is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your bruises are healing fast. I experienced the same too every time I moved. Fortunate for me I always had my friends to help so I didn't get as many injuries as yours. A little advice when moving is to wear thicker clothes like jeans and thick jackets that you don't really favor to avoid scratches and prevent bruises. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean, I can't seem to keep my room or house clean consistently. I will clean it vigorously and it still ends up messy again which causes me to lose my keys or phone everyday. I continuously have the issue of not knowing where i am supposed to put the clothes such as jeans and sweatshirts since i am going to wear them again, but they definitely aren't clean, nor are they dirty. Its the little things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The problem is I wear long clothing and end up getting holes in them because of how clumsy I am. I am so used to the bumps and scrapes that it doesn't even effect me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember rolling one suitcase out of my mother’s house when I was 18. In my late twenties, I remember moving an entire home into hers. But I didn’t move in with her. I moved farther away. Thankfully, I had some burly guy-friends who’d do anything for beer, and my single girlfriends looking for a hunk brought food. So it worked out that day. You seem a very active person—fantastic! Now go get yourself a bunch of boyfriends (or girlfriends)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is cute! I didn’t think females equated clumsiness with needing a man! Lol. I can honestly say that I have my clumsy moments as well. None of my encounters required four hours of labor after though. I like that you are so open and honest in your post keep it up. You gave me a smile for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Myra- guys will do practically anything for a beer thankfully they are so easily bribed.
    Coy- Clumsy is cute... who knew! The act of me being clumsy doesn't make me think I need a man, but the aftermath of it sure does.

    ReplyDelete