Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Atlast



So after close to five months of searching, we finally did it. We found an apartment with a nice landlord, that accepts co-signers, and isn’t the size of the trunk of my car. It is spacious, sunny, and only two blocks from infamous Alki beach… never mind the 1970’s countertops, we are telling ourselves they just add character.

After all the ups and downs,
Okay mostly downs

of our search, it seemed pretty unlikely that we would ever find a place that we really liked and that would take us without some mass form of deception. It ended up that we actually found two such places and had to decide between them. While it was difficult to figure out the pros and cons of each apartment, it just was nice that we even had a choice.

I think it is a good reminder that you have to be ridiculously determined in order to find a place that is willing to except you when you are first starting out. 

The lease begins in a few weeks but I have already begun packing all of my things away… and I mean all of my things.  This means the vast majority of my clothes.

 So I ask you this questions, is it acceptable to wear the same piece of clothing for three weeks straight since I already packed everything else away… or would that be frowned upon?

2 comments:

  1. Kirstin,

    Congratulations that you have finally found your apartment! For me whenever I'm going to leave somewhere, I would leave a small luggage of my clothes out which contains about my 7 days of clothes so I have enough clothes to put on for a week and then get washed and changed. Or else you can unpack your clothes boxes to pull out a few in order to save up some money from buying new clothes. Another advice is that you can go to Ross and get some cheap substitutes in your 3 weeks of waiting too.

    Cheers,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy, I was actually just being facetious and hyperbolizing the situation, the fact of the matter is that as much as I wanted to pack everything away I indeed left enough clothes out to wear for the next couple of weeks... But thank you for your awesome advice.

    ReplyDelete